DBD - Dutch Bilingualism Database, TCULT - Talen en Culturen in Utrechtse Lombok en TransvaalSummary
The CLARIN NL supported data sets are part of an already existing collection: Dutch Bilingualism Database housed at the MPI for Psycholinguistics that are both also CLARIN compatible. The addtional DBD / TCULT data were curated by the CLARIN DCS (http://dev.clarin.nl/node/1963) and delivered in February 2014.Background
The original DBD data was collected, curated and digitised in a project led by Pieter Muysken from 2003-2008 and stored at the MPI for Psycholinguistics. The DBD is a rather substantial collection of data (over 1,500 sessions) from a number of projects and research programmes that were directed at investigating multilingualism and comprises data originating from Dutch, Sranan, Sarnami, Papiamentu, Arabic, Berber and 1Turkish speakers . At the basis of the collection is the research project TCULT (1998-2002) in which intercultural language contacts in the Dutch city of Utrecht were studied. DBD established a first curation of the TCULT data and added many more bilingual data sets collected in the period 1985 – 2005.
See knaw project description and
- Project leader: Pieter Muyskens, Radboud University
- CLARIN center: MPI for Psycholinguistics
- Help contact : n.a.
- Web-sites: http://www.meertens.knaw.nl/projecten/TCULT.html
- User scenario's (screencasts, screenshots): n.a.
- Manual: curation report, tcult project
- Tool/Service link: archive link
- Data link (VLO): http://catalog.clarin.eu/vlo/search?fq=collection:TLA:+DBD
- Publications: The Dutch Bilingualism Database, Boumans, L.P.C. ; Crevels, E.I., 2005, http://repository.ubn.ru.nl/handle/2066/41599